The PALS (Peer Assisted Leadership through Service) Center is a student and campus-wide resource center that provides services and information for the Bellevue College community. Our coordinators, with the exception of our supervisor, are student employees who have been through rigorous training to be able to serve the student body.
Through our services, we hope to satisfy the needs of student demands that may not be adequately addressed elsewhere on campus and work towards facilitating student success academically, socially and personally.
The services we provide include:
• Quick computer and printing access. We have a lab of six computers and a double-sided printer based on the PaperCut system (the money is deducted from students’ quarterly quota).
• Student identification card (OneCard). The OneCard is free (replacement cards are $5.00). It is especially useful to Financial Aid students, as it can decrease wait time from 10 days to a couple of hours by receiving your funds electronically.
• Discounted movie tickets for Regal and Loews cinemas.
• Ticket sales for many of Bellevue College’s larger events.
• Local faxing, stamps, blank Orca Cards and scantrons are also sold at the PALS center.
• Authorization to post on the dedicated student bulletin boards in the Student Union. The stamp is valid for two weeks.
• Free Bellevue College catalogues, student handbooks and brochures for services provided on campus.
At the PALS Center we help students make connections around campus and the surrounding community. We utilize our partnerships with programs and departments around campus to assist students with navigating the campus resources.
We are located in the C building near the Cafeteria in C105 and C106.
Our regular hours are Mondays through Thursdays from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
As a passionate and diverse group of student leaders, we create a casual student-to-student environment where information is given in a welcoming, service-with-a-smile manner. We encourage all students to drop by and make the best of the resources we provide as they strive for excellence at Bellevue College.