The Academic Success Center (ASC) will be offering many reading and writing workshops for Fall quarter. These will be open to all Bellevue College students and staff, and cover a wide variety of useful topics. All of these workshops will be accessible virtually on Microsoft Teams, and in some circumstances they will also be on campus at locations specified on the ASC Workshops website and below.
- How to Find the Main Idea: Sunday, Oct. 16, 1-2 p.m.
- Microsoft Bookings 100: Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2-3 p.m.
- Understanding Supporting Details: Thursday, Oct. 20, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Microsoft Power BI 100: Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2-3 p.m.
- “Help! My Reading is Boring”: Sunday, Oct. 30, 1-2 p.m.
- Teaching Hyflex – Notes from the Field: Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2-3:30 p.m.
- How to Annotate Your Reading: Thursday, Nov. 3, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Citations: Tuesday, Nov. 8, 1:30-2:30 p.m. (Will be on Microsoft Teams and on-campus at ASC, D204)
- Microsoft Teams 200: Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2-3 p.m.
- How to Summarize Your Reading: Saturday, Nov. 12, 1-2 p.m.
- Microsoft Word 200: Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2-3 p.m.
- How to Read Faster: Thursday, Nov. 17, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Visit the ASC workshops website for more information about each workshop and their Microsoft Teams links. Alongside these workshops, the ASC also has workshop video tutorials like Write Your Personal Statement and Common Works Cited Errors in MLA Style from the Writing Lab on their website. There are also Tech Tuesday Workshops from the Informative Technology Services available.